Saturday, March 21, 2009

Life shown through pictures

The Junior High School here in my village received some school supplies from an organization in Canada. The students and teacher are pictured here with Wechiau Naa in the center (Wechiau Chief).
This is a view of a section of my village. It's the main hang out place, where people will gather at the end of the day and just relax under a tree.

These women are on the way to market. The women here carry everything via on top of their head and will walk for miles to the next market. Women walking around with 30 pounds of charcol on top of their head is very normal


A few of the volunteers and I visited another volunteer's site, which is a Monkey Sanctuary. We got to see these monkeys that just roam about in the villages, so they aren't afraid to get up really close to people.



Meet my cat, Gromit. I've grown up with only dogs and never had a cat, so this will be a new experience.



1 comment:

The Adventures of Seth and Emma said...

Are you a cat person? I can't seem to remember... I want to see pictures of where you live and things you do during the day, etc. :) Thanks for the updates, we love you!

Christina & mia